…but we could be.
This trip, apart from visiting our much-missed friends and family members, has so far included:
- Smokestack BBQ (man, I love their beans)
- The Corner restaurant (Scramblefuls and Potatofuls)
- Susie’s grilled pork tenderloins with jalapeño jelly
- Susie’s potatoes au gratin
- an A&W chili dog or two and a nice cold rootbeer to boot
- Wolferman’s English muffins (the world’s best, as far as I’m concerned)
- Pineapple-Orange juice (love it — just can’t find it anywhere in Germany!)
And yet to come are:
- perhaps a steakhouse of some sort (maybe this one)
- Egg Casserole at Easter with Sarah’s extended family
And we’ve even paid a visit to Costco (thanks Brian!), from which we’ll be bringing home some America-only non-perishables for our pals Harald & Evy.
We’ve come to realize that Germans do very, very well with pork. But you better save the beef for NAFTA.