Tonight we met the Eurotrippens. They are really cool people.
we Sarah noticed: they are the first American couple we have ever met over here where both parties are American. I thought that couldn’t be true when she first said it, but when I think about everyone else from our budding little ex-pat community in Regensburg (thanks go to Christina for her organizational efforts), they’re all not a couple, or not both American.
One thing I noticed: meeting people in real life, with whom our first contact was via our blogs or other websites (or, in our case, a BBS) has been a singularly cool experience, every time.
In roughly chronological order:
- Sarah (homerun on the first at-bat!)
- Miss-Efficiency and her husband via BookCrossing
- Zmrzlina via BookCrossing
- Ron & Kaori via BookCrossing
- a bunch of German bookcrossers at various meetups
- Margot and Nick, indirectly via BookCrossing
- Christina and Rainer
- and now B and Jim
Are we just lucky? Or are you all as thrilled with your on-line meetups as we are? You can post anonymously if you want.