Please vote this guy out of office. He is insulting you. Here’s a quote from a Tulsa newspaper from him about the decision voters will have to make:
“Do you really want to have a guy as commander in chief of this country when you can question whether or not he really loves his country?” he asked.
“That’s the big question.”
Aroo? Barack Obama’s love for his country is questionable? The article continues:
After he was asked for an explanation on why voters should question Obama’s love for his country, Inhofe issued a written statement on Friday to clarify his earlier comments.
“Let me be clear,” he said.
“I am not questioning Sen. Obama’s patriotism, but you have to question why at times he seems so obviously opposed to public displays of patriotism and national pride, like wearing an American flag lapel pin.”
Inhofe said Americans can show pride in their country in different ways but suggested all should be straightforward.
OK, let me get this straight. Senator Inhofe would have you believe the following:
- Patriotism and love of country are two separate issues.
- Not indulging in public displays of patriotism and national pride casts doubt upon one’s love of country (though not one’s patriotism, right Senator?).
- All ways of showing pride in ones country should be straightforward.
That’s a pretty hefty load. I’m willing to let the first point slide by as a politician’s attempt to wiggle out of a statement he shouldn’t have made. But the other two are unforgivable. Senator Inhofe wants you, his electorate, to be able to judge who is patriotic and who is not with simple, obvious, visual clues.
So you don’t have to trouble yourself with any sort of subtle truth. Oklahomans, I hope you feel insulted. But that’s not all! Perusing the Senator’s entry on Wikipedia, I came across these gems:
- He thinks global warming is a hoax perpetrated by The Weather Channel so as to attract greater numbers of viewers.
- He thinks the separation of church and state as a founding principle of the United States is an even bigger hoax than Global Warming.
- He suggested that the U.S. earned the 9/11 attacks as punishment from God for not sticking up for Israel more.
- He is proud that no one in his family has ever been divorced or involved in any kind of homosexual relationship.
Actually, on that last point there, it is pretty cool that no one in his family has ever been divorced. Not many families can say that and I hope it is a testament to the spouses’ commitments to each other. But to be proud of not ever having had a homosexual relationship in the family is like being proud that no one in your family has ever had blue eyes.
So please, good citizens of OKlahoma, realize what this scumbag really thinks of you — and the majority of U.S. citizens — and help him get a new job.