The planning for our annual Whiny Expat Blogger Meetup (a.k.a. the Whiny Expat Blogger Unmissable Meetup) is coming along nicely. We have democratically decided to choose a venue for this year’s event before nailing down a weekend. The next step is to discuss amongst ourselves the pros and cons of meetup city candidates. This is all happening on our discussion board at http://www.expatbloggersingermany.com/meetup/ — so if you’re an expatriate English-language blogger located in Germany,
- sign up on our board, and
- participate in the discussion and planning, and
- have fun putting faces and voices to the words you read on the screen once the meetup season is upon us.
Two administrative things to note:
- New user signups are processed manually by real people (of which I am one). Before approving your membership on the discussion board, we need to look at your blog and make a subjective snap decision whether you appear to be psychotic, robotic, or otherwise unacceptable. So you have to tell us your blog’s internet address. Also, you have to state your location in Germany. If something’s unclear in your membership request, I’ll email you about it. If you look like a robot or don’t respond to my emailed requests for clarification, you don’t get membership on the board. Just so you know.
- This second bit applies more to existing members. I am rolling out two enhancements to the code behind the polls on the board tomorrow, Sunday, April 11th, around noon.
- Poll results will show your username and how you voted. Note well: past polls will show your username and how you voted, too.
- You will be able to change your vote up until the poll closes.
Why is this important? Sometimes your opinion or situation changes. Or you forget how you voted. Since polls were more or less anonymous, and changing your vote was impossible, these polls were less than ideal for event medium-sized group planning purposes.
Read you on the board, and see you later this year at WEBMU 2010!