- Don’t re-use passwords, ever.
- Make the passwords you use cryptographically strong — adequate length, no stock phrases, and a mix of cases, numbers, and symbols can’t hurt. Lots of sites are dumb about these rules.
- Use a system that works for you to generate and store them: Password Safe, KeePass, 1Password, LastPass, whatever. Google them.
- Retire old passwords, and replace them with completely unrelated new, better ones.
- Use a password system that replicates across all your devices (lappy, tablet, desktop, phone).
- Save yourself some headache by generating human-readable (but still of acceptable complexity) passwords for when you do have to read from one device and type/tap into another, or read one off to another human.
- Set your password system bug you to update your passwords periodically.
https://pw.cliff1976.net is my gift to you for generating those.Continue reading Again with the passwords