Perhaps you saw our exuberance on the first of this two-parter.
After finishing up Mittagessen in…um…Essen ((Forgive me.)), we got back in the car and drove for like seven hours across most of the country to Berlin. We’ve visited Berlin many times, but we always try to do a mix of new and old stuff. Here are the bullet points:
- Indian food around the corner (practically) from our excellent hosts at https://karma-berlin.de
- Cool strolling and shopping in and around the Tempelhofer Hafen
- Breakfast not once, but TWICE at https://www.meyman-gourmet.de/
- Gluten-free baked goods (actually delicious!) and coffee at Café Pretty Hill in Schöneberg ((It is embarrassing how long it took us to get the pun on the name.))
- Angry Chicken – https://www.angry-chicken.com/ ((Note to future me: don’t get more than a “medium” anything.))
- BRLO Brwh near Gleisdreieck – https://www.brlo.de/en/ ((Does anyone definitively know how to pronounce this?)
- More delicious Indian food at https://www.amrit.de/ after the Dyke March
And, then on our way home to Regensburg, A BONUS VISIT with three Leipziger pals!
- More delicious Indian food (and OMG, they were not kidding about the spiciness levels on that Paneer Jalfrezi) at https://www.safran-leipzig.de.
Scored some post-dinner drinks at a Späti to enjoy on a stroll and in a park (by the way, duck into the university library there in Leipzig — what a cool place!).
Even snagged a couple night shots on our way back to the hotel.
After that, it was a completely uneventful drive back home. Just what you want!