Back to real life!
Here are all the pictures from the trip, organized into several sets and slideshows. Most of these are images you’ve seen in recent previous posts, but I’ve got them all together in one blog post here. Click on the individual squares below for the larger versions, or click the title of each grouping to start a slideshow for that grouping.
We just got back from Paris tonight. There are some more pictures to be posted later this week, but for now, check out these night shots — especially the Eiffel Tower ones.
Took these last night. The originals turned out pretty orange due to all the incandescent lighting along the river, but I managed to mess with them in the GIMP somewhat to get the white balance back into an acceptable range.
Wish I understood better how all that stuff works…perhaps a class in modern DSLR photography at my local Volkshochschule is in order (it’s been recommended to me before).
Savourez-vous les photos (et mon français terrible)!
Cliquez ici s’il vous plaît:
Paris Planning November 2008
Narrowing down our list of stuff we want to do, while keeping enough buffer room in for spontaneity, is truly an art form.
Help us paint our picture.
Here’s our rough itinerary and short list:
- Depart MUC for CDG at 10:35 on Thursday, November 27 (we’ll train it down to the airport)
- Check into the Sully Saint-Germain (pictured at right) sometime the same day
- Marché des Enfants Rouges
- Museum Discount pass?
- Les Catacombes
- Les Dingues (scroll down to number 3 on that page)
- Centre Pompidou
- Old Marais Quarter walking tour
- and if we like that, maybe even a walking tour focused on the Resistance and Liberation the next day
- Musée National du Moyen Age/Thermes de Cluny (Musée de Cluny)
- Check out of the Sully Saint-Germain on Monday, December 1st
- Depart CDG for MUC at 18:20 on Monday, December 1st (train if possible back to Regensburg, otherwise maybe spur-of-the-moment AirportLiner
What have you done? What would you have done (differently)?